About the job
Software Engineer Internship
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why And Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. As a Software Engineer Intern (Summer of 2022), you will be working in a rapidly evolving and fast-paced environment, with a team that is implementing a reliable, auto-scaling, software-based telephony application stack on top of commodity cloud computing resources such as Amazon’s EC2.
They Are Also
Twilio is looking for interns who live the Twilio Magic and have a proven track record of learning, growth, impact, and success.
- Pursuing a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Having a keen interest in software development with several side projects and perhaps are a part of the open source community.
- Having a hungry ambitious and “can do” spirit, as evidenced by successful interest in learning new technologies.
- Having experience in data processing, analytics, business intelligence, and reporting.
- Having experience with technologies such as Hadoop, spark, python, scala etc.
As a Software Engineering intern, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work in a small, high-impact, diverse team.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Bring in your expertise and experience to empower your team and make things better in all aspects; perform detailed and thoughtful peer code reviews!
- DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with the team to tackle complex problems in distributed computing; help building Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery on managed AWS services.
- BE AN OWNER: Build and operate your team’s services in a production environment demonstrating a DevOps model. Ensure quality by writing unit, integration, and load tests. Design and implement various initiatives, scalable infrastructure solutions that meet Twilio’s high scalability & performance needs.
- DON’T SETTLE, RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Constantly look for areas of improvement in processes, system and optimize. Be an advocate for balancing tech debt and feature development; develop monitoring & alerting solutions that keep our system’s health in check; internalize the set of good habits (development techniques, test driven development, load and performance testing, security, tech debt balance, Agile discipline etc.) that drives high-end engineering excellence.
As a Software Engineer Intern you will experience the following:
- Be a Software Engineer, not just an “intern”.
- Ship many different projects during your summer.
- Engineers at Twilio tackle problems in distributed computing, real-time DSP (audio processing), virtualization performance, distributed messaging, busses and more.
- During your internship, you will be given responsibility for core features and services that ship to our users.
- You will be expected to adopt these challenges, learn fast and deliver phenomenal results.
- You will bring a willingness to learn and grow, and we will reciprocate with ample opportunity to do just that, in a friendly, fun and exciting startup environment!
- Learn to develop beautiful and profitable applications.
- Demonstrate consistent improvement in your coding skills, issue-tracking and source control systems, and agile development mentality.
- Participate in code reviews, bug tracking and project management with the rest of the Twilio Team.