About The Role
The Risk and Payments, Data Science & Analytics team looks after identifying and minimizing all possible risks and frauds in Uber Marketplace for our users. The team plays a pivotal role in proactively monitoring frauds and building solutions by collaborating with the Product, Data Science, Engineering, and Operations teams on fast-paced, high-stakes problems.
The team also focuses on streamlining and optimizing Uber’s payment experience by analyzing vast quantities of data to collect insights, find opportunities, and ultimately prioritize product and engineering initiatives.
- Build scalable analytical frameworks to support product analytics for Uber’s Risk Platform
- Own new product experimentation including plan creation, roll-out, and monitoring
- Be an invaluable partner to cross-functional teams such as engineering, product management, various data teams to deploy data quality across critical pipelines and to set up processes to triage data issues
- Develop and track metrics and reporting functions to measure and monitor risk products on our platform
- Effectively and proactively communicate insights and drive projects to drive towards team goals
- Proactively seek out opportunities to build new solutions to tackle Risk and Identity challenges
- Create and drive data quality standards and frameworks to ensure inclusion into pipeline engineering efforts
What You Will Need / Bonus Points
- BA/BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Business or analytical field
- demonstrated ability in a data-focused role such as product analytics, business analytics, business operations, or data science
- Experience with complex products serving millions of customers on multiple platforms and countries
- SQL mastery. Write efficient and sophisticated code in SQL.
- Experience in Python/R and in experimentation, A/B testing, and statistical modeling
- Define business metrics, including Key Performance Indicators, for financial products, in close partnership with Product Management and other leaders