About the job
Are you fascinated by data and building robust data pipelines which process massive amounts of data at scale and speed to provide crucial insights to the end customer? This is exactly what we, the Supply and Partner Data Engineering group in Expedia, do. Our mission is ‘transforming Expedia’s lodging data assets into Data Products that deliver intelligence and real-time insights for our customers’. We work on building data assets and products to support a variety of applications which are used by 1000+ market managers, analysts, and external hotel partners.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our Machine Learning Engineering team in Gurgaon. Our team works very closely with Data Scientists in a fast paced Agile environment to create and productionize algorithms that provide various insights to Expedia’s Supply partners.
We believe in being Different. We seek new ideas, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches, because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous. Expedia is committed to crafting an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
What You’ll Do
- You will work with a team of Machine Learning/Big Data engineers to design and code large scale real-time data pipelines on the AWS platform
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with seniors and peers in crafting and implementing the technical vision of the team
- Communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed cross functional teams
- Participate in code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with peers and help unblock junior members of the team. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure
- Define, develop and maintain artifacts like technical design or partner documentation Drive for continuous improvement in software and development process within an agile development team
- Participate in user story creation in collaboration with the team
- Support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
Who You Are
- Bahelor’s in computer science or related technical fields; or Equivalent related professional experience
- 0-2 Years of relevant work experience
- Strong coding , data structure and problem solving skills
- You have experience in Spark
- Programming in Scala, Python and/or Java and SQL is an add on
- You are passionate about learning, especially in the areas of microservices, design patterns and system architecture
- You have experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group’s family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.