In The Role, You Will
Work in a stimulating and supportive environment; Be part of a dynamic, growing community of data analysts and data scientists at GSK; Have career-long access to our Academy – a dedicated, tailored learning programme that blends your on-the-job learning with targeted coaching, peer-to-peer mentoring, expert-led workshops and a network of learning providers; Work on high impact strategic priorities; deploy GSK’s large, varied data-sets to tackle analytics challenges; Be at the forefront of GSK’s data and analytics transformation.
Core and Technical Competencies, to be successful in this role, you should:
- Be curious and passionate about creative thinking and data innovation, enjoy problem solving and have empathy for the problems you are challenged with contributing to a data science project lifecycle.
- Be able to compile, integrate, and analyze data from multiple sources to answer business questions.
- Have the ability to conceptualize, formulate, prototype, and implement algorithms to solve business problems.
- Basic knowledge in mining data sets using R, Python, SQL etc. from a multitude of environments such as SQL database, Linux/Windows servers etc.
- Basic understanding on some concepts like statistical modelling techniques and the mathematical foundations of applied ML and AI algorithms and models.
- Minimum Master degree in STEM subjects (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Completed data science project(s) as part of academics or internships
- Working knowledge cloud based and local data science frameworks and toolkits.
- Working knowledge in GitHub