Active in 220 countries and territories and serving local and multinational customers, DHL offers the broadest range of services in the logistics industry. This provides employees with a broad range of challenging growth opportunities. Our employees can take pride in being part of a strong, diversified team that masters challenges and brings value to our organization and those of our customers.
Global Data & Analytics Services is a Team within DHL Supply Chain – Information & Performance Management Centre of Excellence. The department works with state of the art technologies in Data Analytics area. We define data reference architecture for Supply Chain globally and design and implement end to end data pipelines for our business critical applications.
In the role of Junior Data Engineer you will be working in Data Lake and Data Warehousing projects, responsible for:
- Understanding and implementing data acquisition strategies. Junior Data Engineer owns and extends the business’s data pipeline through the collection, storage, processing, and transformation of large data-sets;
- Building scalable, performant, supportable and reliable data pipelines. You must enjoy optimizing data systems as well as building them from the ground up;
- Setting up new, and monitoring of existing metrics, analyzing data, and in cooperation with other Data & Analytics team members identifying and implementing system and process improvements;
- Supporting collection of the metadata into our data catalogue system where all available data is maintained and cataloged;
- Working closely with senior data engineers and big data architects
Working in Agile way using SCRUM framework
What will you need?
- Motivation to become expert in Data Engineering!
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, or related field;
- 1 to 3 years of experience in the Data Engineer role, working with structured, semi structured and unstructured datasets;
- Advanced programming skills in Python/PySpark(nice to have – Java/Scala);
- Experience with Cloud Platforms (especially MS Azure) is big plus!
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience with relational databases
- Ability to develop, maintain and distribute the code in modularized fashion
- Familiarity with DevOps framework
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle, source code management, code reviews, etc.
You should have:
- Ability to work in collaborative environment
- Energetic, enthusiastic and results-oriented personality
- Customer focus with an eye on continuous improvement
- Motivation and ability to perform as a consultant in data engineering projects
- Ability to work independently but also within a Team – you must be a team player!
- Strong will to overcome the complexities involved in developing and supporting data pipelines
- Agile mindset