The analyst will be responsible for doing secondary research and analysis on post-M&A deals. This is currently an individual contributor’s role which will be fast tracked into a spending increasing amount of time with the Data Engineering function for process automation (APIs, machine learning, etc).
The career progression includes moving to the Data Engineering team.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Gaining a good understanding of the Ion Analytics criteria in order to analyze and determine whether or not specific transactions meet the database inclusion criteria.
• Covering financial transactions such as global mergers and acquisitions (M&A), Initial Public Offers (IPO), Private Equity deals, etc.
• Analyzing and synthesizing financial information and publishing the deal reports using publicly available information as well as through various proprietary data bases.
• Comprehend the synergies, market conditions and potential deal financing terms.
• Maintain and expand the historical M&A database to ensure it reflects and provides a consistent high standard of data for analysis.
• The ideal candidate is expected to have a results-oriented attitude and be able to work collaboratively within the larger team.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications Required:
• Basic knowledge of M&A markets and keen interest in research & analysis.
• Basic knowledge of coding skills (Python, R, Tableau, SQL, etc.)
• Proficiency in MS Office