Work closely with the Data Developer to:
- Support and development of data processing systems using Excel and SQL
- Client support with queries relating to integrate Argus data and metadata into client systems
- data validation, provision of data.
- Maintain, develop and enhance existing/new systems which includes metadata modification, data cleansing and data checking
- Assist with the development of various models and reporting tools, which are primarily based in Excel and heavily supported by VBA.
- Develop applications and tools that analyses the data for better insights and business intelligence. Ensure that solutions are innovative, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives.
- Perform data quality checks and identify the root cause of any data inconsistency
Who Are We Looking For?
- A graduate-level or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or related field
- Recent experience of developing tools using VBA in MS Excel and R in a commercial (work) environment.
- Good knowledge and experience of SQL, preferably in Oracle
- Ability to work both as part of a team and autonomously
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a willingness to learn new tools and applications.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in visualisation techniques is desirable.
- Any experience working with energy markets and commodities data is highly desirable
- Experience developing production-grade scalable applications in R.
- Ability to interact with non-technical people in plain language
- Innovative thinker with good problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Numerically proficient
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently, prioritising tasks to meet deadlines
- Customer service focused