About the job
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a part of BCG’s GAMMA A&S team you will work under supervision with consulting teams on a diverse range of advanced analytics topics.
You will collaborate with case teams to gather requirements, specify, design, develop, deliver and support analytic solutions serving client needs. You will provide technical support through deeper understanding of relevant data analytics solutions and processes to build high quality and efficient analytic solutions.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
- Problem solving and being able to apply/bring best practices
- Demonstrating ownership to deliver high quality & error free outputs
- Any programming language or tools (exposure to Python will be a plus but not mandatory). Eg. Python, Excel, VBA, SQL (and other DBs), Alteryx and Tableau
- Effectively managing time on daily basis & proactively highlighting roadblocks
- Understanding the business context across domains & learning new technical tools required to solve business case
- Working with small & large teams to Contribute towards team’s broader goals and initiatives
- Open to working with variety of cultures and geographical working styles
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics or related field
- 0 to 1 year experience in relevant domain
- Passion to learn new tools, skills or any subject beyond academic curriculum
- Good communication skills (written and oral) and fluency in English language
- Creative problem-solving, analytical thinking & a desire to drive business impact through data driven decisions
- Experience of coding in any programming language and willingness to pick up new languages/tools
- Some exposure to data science by virtue of certifications or participation in hackathons will be an added advantage
YOU’LL WORK WITH
BCG Consultants & Analytics supervisor on various client projects for designing/developing analytical solutions and/or analysing data. Ideal candidate will be part of fast-paced, intellectually intense, service- oriented environment and will be expected to travel based on case work.
Gamma A team works with consulting teams to wrangle big data, build and deploy scalable solutions, that unlock maximum impact for BCG clients, by leveraging best-in-class analytical toolkit and algorithms.
This team works with consulting teams across the globe to deliver high quality analytics outcomes which involves building predictive, prescriptive and descriptive solutions. GAMMA A is embedded as part of consulting teams in following situations
- Involvement of high data volume and complexity
- Large analytics scope
- Requires specialized tools for analysis (Eg. Python, R, SAS, AIIMS, Tableau etc)
- Requires deep understanding on techniques (Eg. Regression, Decision Trees, Clustering, Market Basket Association, Forecasting, Linear optimization etc)
GAMMA A team works in three different ways depending on client context and analytics complexity – a. Onsite b. Intermittent On-site with ad-hoc offsite support c. Offsite support