Responsibilities Of The Role
- Preparation and production of daily, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Support additional ad hoc requirements to facilitate senior management review
- Support resolution of queries from internal and external stakeholders, ensuring swift response and compliance with internal policy around the distribution of sensitive data
- Liaising with other business global areas including the Business, Risk, IT, Operations as well as across Finance (Treasury, Product Control, Statutory Reporting and Regulatory) at all seniority levels
- On-going development of new processes, controls and IT infrastructure
- Preparation, production and consolidation of daily, monthly and quarterly reporting and the supporting packs to facilitate senior management review across Head office reporting.
- Supporting management information requirements
- Resolution of queries from internal and external stakeholders, ensuring a swift response and compliance with the internal policy around the distribution of sensitive data.
- Liaising with other global business areas including the Front Office, Risk, IT, Operations as well as across Finance (Treasury, Product Control, Statutory Reporting and Regulatory) during all reporting cycles and on demand.
- Development and maintenance of a robust reporting framework and data infrastructure to facilitate business management in an efficient and effective manner.
- Provide decision support and analytics for policy monitoring across all products and regions.
- Engage with regulators and auditors to ensure compliance and proper representation of our policies/ practices.
- Manage governance process and ensure compliance at the Local and Cluster level.
- Participate in adhoc activities for Governance and Capital advisory and STDF – by looking at cluster level reconciliation targets and various ongoing support activities.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Develop strong working relationships across the Cluster, Group Risk and Group Finance to ensure alignment of priorities and to influence change/ improvement.
- Establish regular communication mechanisms to facilitate sharing of best practices, alignment of practices, implementation at pace, and allocation of tactical support as needed.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Takes decisions within own area of responsibility
- Recognizes the importance of having sufficient information and seeks the same to make decisions
- Applies business knowledge and experience in taking timely decisions
- Takes decision in situations where the alternatives are not always obvious
- Identifies & assesses the magnitude of the problems
- Demonstrates a logical approach to problem solving, breaks down the complex issues & consults supervisor for further guidance
- Applies previous problem solving experiences to analyse, develops supportive data and rationale for alternative solutions
Risk and Control Objective
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Mandatory Bachelor’s degree and pursuing Master’s degree, MBA or similar
- Passionate about data analysis and how this contributes to the business
- A self-motivated team player who is able to define structure and prioritise work for self, but who has the flexibility and capability to change priorities when circumstances dictate.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications
- Postgraduate or equivalent university degree in accounting, finance. CA/CFA or equivalent.
- Strong analytical, technical and/or statistical skills with proven ability to process large datasets into meaningful information.
- An interest in pursuing Risk management function along with Finance and inclination for analytics/data and IT systems interactions.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.