Job Family Definition:
Partners with the businesses to ensure that the capital strategies are operationally supported and strategically focused to secure the greatest return on investment for the global company. Gathers financial data and performs financial analyses and reporting (e.g., profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow, pricing, etc.) to influence decisions within the business and to drive cross-business initiatives (e.g., Mergers & Acquisitions). Drives the forecasting process (weekly, monthly, and long term) by analyzing trends within the businesses and ensuring alignment with business- and corporate-wide objectives. Communicates and drives adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the organization’s financial goals and policies. Has the fiduciary responsibility to represent financial results correctly both internally and externally. Ensures strong business controls.
Management Level Definition:
Applies basic foundation of a function’s principles, theories and concepts to assignments of limited scope. Uses professional concepts and theoretical knowledge acquired through specialized training, education or previous experience. Develops expertise and practical knowledge of applications within business environment. Acts as team member by providing information, analysis and recommendations in support of team efforts. Exercises independent judgment within defined parameters.
- Provides financial analysis for a function or business.
- Performs data extraction and analyzes data to make recommendations.
- Handles financial business issues.
- Provides analytics to business initiatives
- Develops an understanding of the company’s financial processes and a working knowledge of the business.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics recommended or equivalent experience.
- Typically 0 to 5 years of experience as a financial analyst.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic understanding of accounting processes.
- Basic analytical skills.
- Good business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Good communication skills.
- Good teamwork skills.