At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Job Description Summary:
As a member of PayPal’s Financial Planning and Analysis COE team, this position will play a key role in providing financial analysis in support of the Sales/Product group. In this role, the individual will be involved in budgeting, forecasting, month end close, variance analysis and reporting related to operating expenses, capital expenditure and headcount, as well as managing the day-to-day process and guide the business through various finance-related tasks. This role will work closely with cross-functional teams to provide business insight and guide them towards sound financial decisions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the business as well as other finance team members for forecasting, month end close activities including accrual JE, reporting and budget process.
- Assist in Monthly reporting, variance analysis (Actual Vs. Forecast Vs. Budget) and adhoc deep dive analysis relating to OPEX, Capex and headcount.
- Work with business, budget owners and other financial analysts to build business cases and set up processes to manage project funds.
- Assist in process improvements using reporting and planning tools.
- Develop an understanding of the business strategic priorities, resource and headcount needs; collaborate with them to execute and improve financial planning and budgeting.
- Identify trends, anticipate needs, and gather business requirements to support an evolving planning and management reporting function that meets the needs of the users.
- Process cost center creation and changes, movement of cost center hierarchies.
- Review prepaid schedule and ensure appropriate and timely amortization.
- Assist with month-end close and reporting activities. Book accrual and cross charge JE’s accurately and on time.
- Run reports and assist with monthly actuals-to-forecast variance analysis. Distribute details to Business and Finance partners.
- Monitor expense and headcount plan vs actual, and provide analysis/recommendation for business partners and Finance team.
- Ensure strict adherence to corporate policies and GAAP regulations
- Ad-hoc analysis & projects as needed to support business needs
- Work autonomously but in collaboration with teammates and business partners.