About the job
Atkins, a member of SNC Lavalin Organization, is one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment. You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We’re proud to say it’s thanks to our people’s diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. We offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. And when you join us, you’ll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone’s voice is valued and treated equally.
Read More About How You Can Thrive With Us.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic self-starter to join our team as a Finance Graduate – Project Accounting. This role will be based at our Atkins office in Bangalore, IN.
This role is in the Finance Shared Services function of an international engineering & design consultancy company. The shared services team is co-located with several hundred fee-earning staff in a professional business environment.
The key purpose of the role is to prepare “sales invoice” with significant amount of supporting documentation and analysis, which needs to be prepared precisely as per client specifications. The role will also be answering queries pertaining to sales invoices/credit notes from internal and external business partners.
This role will be reporting into the Bangalore based Project Accounting Lead. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to make a positive impact on a dynamic business.
Working hours: 10am – 7.30pm (India Standard Time).
Work Location: Yelahanka, Bangalore.
Candidate Must Have Required Infrastructure To Enable Remote Working.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Liaising with Project Managers to ensure that all invoicing is completed in a timely basis.
- Preparing sales invoices, applications for payment and credit notes and any necessary supporting documentation.
- Preparing and distributing information regarding unbilled balances to Project Managers.
- Obtaining approval for sales invoices and credit notes.
- Posting invoices and credit notes onto the finance system.
- Working closely with Project Managers, and the Cash Collections Team to ensure timely resolution of any billing queries, and collection of cash.
- Supporting correct allocation of costs to projects, e.g., by coding invoices, setting up access for staff to be able them to book their time to a project, and correcting coding or time booking errors.
- Preparing and distributing job-related information and reports, e.g., time and expense reports.
- Supporting project managers in updating their timesheets on time.
What will you contribute?
- Part qualified in any professional accounting course.
- Computer literate, Microsoft Office i.e., Outlook, Excel and Word.
- To have excellent English language skills in both written and verbal form.
- Must be able to communicate with internal offshore colleagues in a professional manner.
- Must have a keen eye for details, mainly while validating the contract agreement and preparing sales invoice copy.
- The ability to work collaboratively, building strong relationships with and with business, project managers to ensure joined-up delivery.
- Must have the ability to prioritise workload to achieve daily tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must be organised and able to be flexible.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.