A brief overview of the Engineering Department
Our Engineering department is made up of over 500+ team members who are spread across the world. We’ve previously hired interns into our Development and Security departments.
We do not know the departments we will hire interns into in the future. Departments within Engineering are…
- Incubation Engineering
All of our positions are 100% remote.
Submit Your Information If
- You are interested in an internship with the above departments
- You are proficient in the English language, both written and verbal.
- You are comfortable working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- You have a positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- You have effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers , and clear status updates.
- You have an inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- You are Self-motivated and self-managing , with strong organizational skills.
- You have demonstrated the ability to work closely with other parts of the organization.
- You are able to thrive in a fully remote organization
- You are able to use GitLab
- You share our values , and work in accordance with those values
Typical Hiring Process
- 30 minute screening call with the Recruiter
- 90 minute technical interview
- 60 minute behavioral panel interview
- 60 minute senior leader interview
- Reference Checks
- Process may vary depending on the role
- Our Engineering Internship handbook page
- What it’s like to intern on the Security team at GitLab
- 5 Things I Learned During My Summer Intern on the Data Team