About the role
As a Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer you will be integrated in the worldwide Data Science team of Orange Business Services Operation. You will develop and take the ownership of advanced data analysis projects for the benefit of customer quality of services, performance and sustainability of Orange Business Services Operations.
- Interlock with project product owners to deliver business requirements
- Discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data
- Design, implement & evaluate new techniques and models of data science – data mining, text mining, statistical analysis, machine learning and predictive analytics techniques… – to solve our unique set of problems
- Lead large scale data science projects
- Work closely with core development teams to deploy models and technical solutions seamlessly into our production system
- Build new tools to improve our data science pipeline from exploration to production
- Help the company make smarter decisions based on information gathered.
- Evaluate new Machine Learning technologies, Deep Learning, AutoML, Anomaly Detection, Event Correlation, Root Cause Analysis
Key results / decision areas (outcomes):
- SELECTING FEATURES, BUILDING AND OPTIMIZING CLASSIFIERS USING MACHINE LEARNING TECHNIQUES.
- DATA MINING USING STATE-OF-THE-ART METHODS.
- ENHANCING DATA COLLECTION PROCEDURES TO INCLUDE INFORMATION THAT IS RELEVANT FOR BUILDING ANALYTIC SYSTEMS.
- PROCESSING, CLEANING AND VERIFYING THE INTEGRITY OF DATA USED FOR ANALYSIS.
- CREATE, IMPLEMENT AND CODE DATA SCIENCE AND MACHINE LEARNING MODEL IN ORDER TO SOLVE THE OPERATIONAL ISSUE AND HELP COMPANY MAKE SMARTER DECISIONS
- DOING AD-HOC ANALYSIS AND PRESENTING RESULTS IN A CLEAR MANNER.
- Education, qualifications and certifications:
- Degree in computer science, statistics, math (or other relevant area)
- MS-BI certifications (SQL Server, PowerPivot, Power BI, SSIS…) are a plus
- Fluent in English. French is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot etc
- Great communication skills
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, NumPy, MatLab, Dataiku etc
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, R and Python
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression etc
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Knowledge and abilities:
- IT methods: Agile, Project Management basics
- Customer oriented
- Building relationships; cultural sensitivity
- Creative problem solving
- Team player
- Proactive, yet tenacious
- Results oriented
- Intellectual curiosity
- Good planning and organizational skills