We’re looking for a passionate Data Scientist to provide valuable analytics and decision support to Expedia’s Business. This position will mainly partner with various teams in product, engineering, strategy, and other business teams to optimize traffic, conversion, repeat rate & other metrics to improve the user experience
In this role, the candidate will contribute to many aspects of business development, including product innovation/user behavior, test and learn, machine-learning/algorithm building, opportunity identification, and problem-solving. If you are a self-starter and have demonstrated success in using analytics & data science to drive innovation and user engagement of a product, then this position is for you!
What you’ll do:
- Take initiative to identify current and potential problems and determine the best solution. Involve and/or manage the people and resources required
- Produce outstanding results by being proactive and committed. Continually focuses on achieving positive results contributing to the company’s business success
- Understand duties and responsibilities, have necessary job knowledge, have necessary technical skills, understand company mission/values, be in command of critical issues
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing, create accurate and punctual reports, deliver presentations, share information and ideas with others, listen carefully, and consider what others have to say, including differing viewpoints
- Structure problems, extract and analyze data, and present the findings to corporate leadership and internal customers
- Assume end to end ownership of key analytical projects
- Proactively and directly engages with partners to assess existing and upcoming project needs and maintains regular communication on progress.
Who you are:
- Demonstrated ability to work through complex business problems and implement suitable solutions
- Solid experience in Data Science, Predictive modeling, exploratory analytics
- Experience in at least one of R or Python or Scala or Spark or similar programming environment/tools
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel
- Excellent verbal, written, and data visualization skills
- Understanding of advanced statistical/predictive modeling, operation research, and optimization techniques
- Ability to prioritize among conflicting demands in a fluid environment
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group’s family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.