About the job
Job Description Summary The Data scientist will work in teams addressing statistical and machine learning problems in Contractual Services Agreement (CSA) / Technologies or consultancy development environment. In this role, the person will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, deep-learning, statistical methods, semantic analysis for finding structure in large data sets. Job Description
The Data Scientist will be a part of Contractual Services Agreement (CSA) & Technologies working on projects typically involving large, complex data sets. Develop data science models to address product and services engineering teams needs and opportunities. Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into viable products and services. Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics including image analytics. Perform exploratory and targeted data analysis using descriptive statistics and other methods. Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics. Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate the work and outcomes. Share and discuss findings with team members.
Roles And Responsibilities
As a Data Scientist, you will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, financial portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization.
In This Role, You Will
- Develop analytics within well-defined projects to address customer needs and opportunities.
- Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
- Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
- Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
- Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics
- Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate your work and outcomes.
- Share and discuss findings with team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) plus minimum 1 year of analytics development experience in Data Science
- Demonstrated skill in the use of Python and / or other analytic software tools or languages
- Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for solving business problems
- Demonstrated skill in the use of applied analytics, descriptive statistics, feature extraction and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
- Demonstrated skill at data visualization and storytelling for an audience of stakeholders
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated awareness of feature extraction and real-time analytics methods
- Demonstrated awareness of analytic prototyping, analytic scaleup, analytic scaling, and solutions integration
Experience in working on analytics / software on heavy manufacturing, engineering or airline industries
- Demonstrated awareness of industry and technology trends in data science
- Demonstrated awareness of customer and stakeholder management and business metrics
- Demonstrated awareness of how to function in a team setting
- Demonstrated awareness of critical thinking and problem solving methods
- Demonstrated awareness of presentation skills
- Demonstrated awareness of how to leverage curiosity and creativity to drive business impact