About the job
Ola is India’s largest mobility platform and one of the world’s largest ride-hailing companies. Ola revolutionised urban mobility by making it available on demand for over a billion people across 3 continents. Today, Ola continues to move the world to sustainable mobility through its ride hailing platform as well as through advanced electric vehicles manufactured at its Futurefactory, the largest, most advanced and sustainable two wheeler factory in the world. Ola is dedicated to transitioning the world to sustainable mobility and making the world better than we found it.
The Data Science & Machine Learning team at Ola works on building intelligent systems using techniques in machine learning, optimization, signal analysis, and statistics. At Ola, we have an incredible amount of data that captures a comprehensive view of our customers and driver partners. Very few companies in the world have this diversity and scale of data, and hence the breadth of problems available to solve in a data-driven fashion is immense.
We tackle real-life problems on a daily basis and not only get to impact company revenue but also deliver a richer experience to our customers and driver partners alike. This requires us to be product driven while the complexity of problems requires us to always push the state-of-the-art. In fact, beneath every tap you make on our app, there is a data-driven, intelligent layer trying to achieve a business metric.
We are looking for great problem solvers who can tap into the potential of data and deliver scalable and robust data product.
- Ability to transform business requirements into data science formulations and implement the solutions in an efficient and scalable fashion
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects as an individual contributor and/or as a mentor to team members
- Proficient in Python,Java ,Scala or similar languages
- Extensive experience in building production quality models using state-of-the-art technologies (for eg, tensorflow, scikit-learn, spark)
- Software/Tools System Exposure:
- Python/Java/Scala or similar language
- Tensorflow, scikit-learn, spark