About the job
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose long-standing mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the numerous eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
As the first and only B-Corp in the payments space, Sezzle’s goal is to help everyone pursue financial freedom, and to invest in social good and ethical initiatives that shape a better world.
At Sezzle, we’re committed to putting purpose alongside profitability. We work hard to maintain rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency to build a better world. The employees at Sezzle lean into significant societal and cultural shifts, ensuring internal and external focus on positive impacts that benefit our community.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to join us as a Data Scientist in our Bangalore / Bengaluru workspace. We will rely on you to improve our current credit, risk, and fraud decisioning models and to build out our data team. We will also need an applicant that has the ability to work with the leadership team and external partners.
The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of statistics, machine learning and the demonstrated ability and talent to build decisioning models.. An ideal candidate will also have strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Work on Sezzle’s current risk and fraud decisioning models
- Analyze and interpret the impact of various credit and risk strategies while working under broader corporate goals
- Work as part of a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, and business /risk analysts to build data science solutions to prevent credit risk and fraud
- Assist leadership team in building out our financial Forecasting models for budget and planning
- Wide understanding of the choices available to a data decisioning team
- Working closely with the marketing , merchant success, risk team to drive data solutions
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
Ideal Experience & Skills
- 1 years of relevant industry experience in data modeling, statistics, credit, and fraud.
- Strong Knowledge of Python, SQL, R, Software engineering fundamentals
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Hands On experience in Statistics/ML fundamentals and demonstrated experience in Python, R
- Communication skills to engage with business stakeholders to understand their needs and effectively communicate the results of the analytical solutions
- B.E/B.Tech, Masters in Data science or any equivalent degree.
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Group Medical insurance
- Life and long term disability insurance
- Collaborative workspace
- The opportunity to join fastest-growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals