Editorialist YX melds personal styling, editorial content, and shopping into one seamless digital experience powered by proprietary technology and e-commerce tools.
Editorialist.com, our media property, delivers sophisticated content and commerce to aspirational and affluent consumers. Our stories connect readers with bespoke product and service solutions for fashion, accessories, beauty, and wellness needs. The cornerstone of our tech platform—the YX app—blends content, digital services, and e-commerce for our elite clientele, individuals with an average net worth in excess of $550 million.
Our co-founder and CEO Rafael Ortiz previously co-founded NexTag, the largest comparison shopping site for products and services, and was responsible for marketing and business development until its sale for $1.2 billion.
Editorialist YX is looking for a Data Science Intern. We are a startup with amazing perks. As part of this role, you would be joining a small focused team that solves hard data science problems. You will be responsible for building and maintaining machine learning models at scale.
- Work cross-functionally across different teams to understand business requirements, needs of our audience and that of our clients.
- Collect, clean and analyze data from diverse streams of structured & unstructured data
- Extract meaningful insights from data and present it to various stakeholders
- Work on an end-to-end data science lifecycle: from building proofs-of-concept to production-ready models & working with engineers to deploy them to production
- Build models which:
- Improve the accuracy of various processes within our pipeline
- Improve search ranking, relevance, and personalization
- Write elegant machine learning and data analysis code in Python
- Be a champion of data driven culture in the company
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, data science, or related from Tier1 college
- Experience (academic/professional) in Python, SQL, UNIX
- Strong knowledge of mathematics, statistics, probability and machine learning: this is the most important skill we are looking for. We would prefer a candidate who can read a regression table and explain p-values (correctly!) to one who writes production-ready code in the first go
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- High Energy/Startup Mindset
- Excellent communication (English) and presentation skills
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent Team Player
- Monthly stipend at par with the best in the Industry.
- Medical Insurance
- Internet Claim Reimbursement for remote working.