About the role
This will be a 6-months internship program and you will help shape slice’s credit and business decisions by enabling analysis-ready data, conducting descriptive and diagnostic analyses and building predictive models/ strategies. As a member of the team, you will work closely with leadership, credit, and product teams to support and execute analytics-driven strategies for business growth.
What You will do
- End-to-end data science and analytics activities such as data wrangling, feature generation, building and evaluating predictive models, data visualization, dashboarding, RCAs, etc.
- Work with conventional and unconventional data sources to enable informed business decisions
- Cross-team collaboration to understand the requirements and to provide support in implementing the recommendations, models, strategies.
- Provide post deployment support to the teams to monitor the performance and make changes as required
- Opportunity of converting internship into a full time role.
- Analyze, process, and generate insights from unstructured data
- Publish reports and dashboards based on data understanding and requirements from business teams
What you will need
- Pursuing Bachelors, Masters or equivalent advanced degree from a top tier Technology school
- Experience with scripting language (Python preferred)
- Excellent problem solving skills and passion for big data
- Interest in credit risk analytics/ offer optimization or other marketing analytics is good to have
- Experience with some supervised learning or unsupervised learning techniques such as scorecards, linear/ logistic regressions, random forest, neural networks, PCA, k-means clustering, etc.
- Basic experience with Python libraries such as numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.
- Experience and interest in techniques to handle unstructured data such as NLP, computer vision is a good to have.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including a strong working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills
Life at slice
Life so good, you’d think we’re kidding:
- Competitive salaries. Period.
- An extensive medical insurance that looks out for our employees & their dependants. We’ll love you and take care of you, our promise.
- Flexible working hours. Just don’t call us at 3AM, we like our sleep schedule.
- Tailored vacation & leave policies so that you enjoy every important moment in your life.
- A reward system that celebrates hard work and milestones throughout the year. Expect a gift coming your way anytime you kill it here.
- Learning and upskilling opportunities. Seriously, not kidding.
- Good food, games, and a cool office to make you feel like home. An environment so good, you’ll forget the term “colleagues can’t be your friends”.