About the job
Aera Technology is the Cognitive Automation company that makes business agility happen. We deliver the first scalable digital platform that integrates with existing systems to make and execute business decisions in real time. In the era of digital acceleration, Aera helps enterprises around the world transform how they respond to the ever-changing environment.
Are you ready for an internship/ Associate in Data Science with a fast-paced and innovative tech company?
We are searching for recent graduates who are enthusiastic to learn more about the technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise: a cognitive operating system that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. This internship will require problem-solving, creative thinking, and offers a chance for professional evolution based upon feedback.
You will have the freedom to develop your own ideas as you work alongside our Pune Data Science team in solving some of our most challenging technical issues. By the end of this 3-month internship, you will have gained experience and skills that will be advantageous to anyone hoping to jumpstart their career in high technology.
If you do well in the internship, you will be offered a full time position at Aera as Associate Data Scientist.
- You will be working on interesting problems in data science in areas of structured and unstructured data, time series, NLP and more
- You will support the business facing Data Science team. You will also have a chance to work with the client teams and interact directly with the clients
- You will work on multiple stages of the data science process from business understanding to implementation of Data Science models to post-deployment analysis
- You will be working on all of these with senior members of the Data Science and Customer teams. You will receive appropriate training and guidance to do these tasks
- Required: Passionate about starting a career in Data Science
- B.E./B.Tech/Masters in any engineering discipline or Masters in a Quantitative Field (Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Optimization, Modeling & Simulation, Analytics, Supply Chain Management etc)
- Strong in data analysis and data wrangling. Experience with common libraries and frameworks in data science
- Strong in either SQL or python or R
- Experience in competitive data science (Kaggle/Analytics Vidhya etc)
- Should have good knowledge of at least one Machine Learning library/framework ( Sklearn, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch etc)
- Good to have: Courses or MOOC (Udacity, Coursera, fast.ai etc) on Analytics/Data Science/Machine Learning
- Good presentation skills
- Some knowledge in Supply Chain
- Topics in Discrete Optimization, Linear Programming
At Aera, our purpose is to enable a sustainable, efficient, and intelligent world with Cognitive Automation. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world’s largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for fundamentally transforming how people work — from people working machines, to machines working, guided by people.,, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we’re growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!