- Work on data gathering, data enrichment and data maintenance in a format as required, whilst maintaining the integrity and quality of the data.
- Analyze timely news stories and market commentary on the oil markets across US, Europe and Africa.
- Monitor new trends, new deals and important market intelligence in the commodity trade market.
- Assist in answering data related client questions, both internal and external, to ensure platform user issues are investigated and status updates provided to client facing team members.
- Work collaboratively with Analysts, Data Collections and IT to resolve data issues and understand data.
- Perform ad-hoc data tasks/research to enable product development and increasing our data coverage to ensure we are always at the forefront of the market.
- Work on projects as and when they come up and ensure that they are completed within the given time span maintaining the desired quality.
- Troubleshoots problems or issues and provide support to the team.
What We’re Looking For: We are looking for a methodological thinker with a keen eye for detail, someone who enjoys dealing with large sets of data and problem solving. This role would be ideal for someone proactive and eager to learn about energy markets or data. The role is a great place to hone your skills and grow within a strong and collaborative team.
- 0-1 years of experience of Data Gathering and Data Standardization.
- Graduation in Engineering/Post-Graduation: PGDM/MBA (Any Streams Preferred).
- Must have the ability to prioritize, manage time effectively to meet specified deadlines, troubleshoot, strong attention to detail and organized.
- Research and data management capabilities.
- The candidate should be willing to work in rotational night shifts. Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to interact effectively across all levels.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and interpretive skills along with the ability to present the findings.
- Basic proficiency in MS office tools.
- Must be approachable, collaborative, and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment and be comfortable with quickly shifting priorities at short notice.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and basic of SQL.
- Knowledge/interest of energy markets or energy data desirable but not essential.
- Interest in technology as a mean to visualize, interrogate and report data.