Data Processing/ETL Development
- Design, develop and test ETL code, scripts, and workflows using SQL Server Integration Services.
- Standardize and conform dimensions and other data entities across applications, manage external data sources including excel files using SQL Server Master Data Services.
- Migrate and promote validated objects and code across environments as required.
- Document and execute test procedures for ETL processes and coordinate with business analysts and users to resolve data quality issues.
- Maintain and enhance the data warehouse by designing and developing new data models containing re-usable objects following Kimball/Inman’s hybrid architecture.
- Convert business requirements to technical specifications by designing and creating data models, workflows and source-to-target mappings for data integration jobs across enterprise applications.
- Create and maintain the Entity Relationship (ER) diagrams for the models in the data warehouse used for reporting and analytics.
- Create data movement and integration diagrams to support data processing workflows and business processes.
- Create reports, analyses and scorecards leveraging multiple data sources.
- Support cross-functional and cross-departmental data and reporting requests.
- Troubleshoot BI related issues as part of day-to-day operational activities.
- Document all ETL environments, databases, processes and workflows. Ensure documentation is kept up to date and reflects changes to environments or instances.