About the job
Title: Data Analyst
About This Role
This role will support the Sales Productivity & Analytics team in GSSO. You will be a part of a growing community of high-performing business data analysts, modelers and forecasters who arm sales leaders and managers with the strategic and operational insights to accelerate our sales results. The individual in this role will be responsible for utilizing our data to inform key decisions as it relates to increasing the productivity of our sales teams. Gartner’s leadership team relies on our team to condense hundreds of thousands of lines of data into easily interpretable visuals in order to make informative decisions regarding our 4000+ salespeople in 100 countries globally.
What You’ll Do
Innovation and Data management
- Create and maintain product workflows and data repositories for Internal Sales Communications.
- Become Sales Operations’ resident expert with respect to Gartner Sales communication data; establish and leverage a network of business unit partners to develop an intimate understanding of, and facility with, the different data sources that exist across the company
- Communicate findings: develop monthly reports and ad hoc deliverables to synthesize key findings for Gartner’s senior executives; synthesize key discussion items and drive follow-up actions/analyses.
- Conduct manual work that includes data entry, data manipulation and aggregation to meet the goals of the team.
- Enhance the function: continually refine/improve analyses, tools, processes and deliverables to more efficiently and effectively identify and communicate actionable insights
- Analyzing downloaded for Sales Meetings-in-a-Box for all three sales forces and deliver reporting on sales consumption
- Identify data quality issues by proactive collaboration with stakeholders and support partners to fix data issues or integrate data into analytics system
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of data across multiple systems
- Suggest and Enable automation opportunities as required
Internal Sales Communication support and stakeholder management
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify use cases and efficiently scale and reporting, identify opportunities to automate.
- Partner within sales communication and sales team to develop dashboard and analytical insights for point-in-time problems
Insight generation and sales communication analytics
- Develop analytical reports and dashboards encompassing data extraction, data transformation, data cleaning, creating Excel/Power BI based dashboards.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters or advanced degree a plus
- 1-2 years of working experience preferred. Preferably working in data analytics or communication analytics.
- Advanced Experience with advanced data manipulation and summarization skills using and MS Excel
- Beginner to Intermediate PowerBI knowledge to leverage it as a tool to manipulate large size datasets
- Intermediate Powerpoint skills including ability to summarize key message and leverage right charts in think-cell
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills to enable direct and frequent conversations with senior leaders in Gartner
- Demonstrated ability to form relationships with senior leaders.
- Experience and aptitude to work with different data sources
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and independently own project from start to finish
Who You Are
- You love quantitative problem solving and are excited about representing business information using numbers
- You are able to address Internal Sales Communication business problems/statements to objective analysis.
- You are able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Proficiency MS Excel and Power Point.
- Original/creative thinking and superior problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and with limited direction; comfort partnering with multiple, senior stakeholders in different geographies
- Detail-oriented and strong commitment to high quality results to serve needs of Gartner clients, internal partners/stakeholders and sales teams
- Passion for understanding the customer needs and delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Strong influence skills and ability to build effective partnerships with various groups within Gartner.