About the job
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About The Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to take on the role of Data or Actuarial Analyst for Medical Reinsurance, based in Mumbai, India.
The successful candidate will support Medical Reinsurance System Landscape Project for the treaties in India and Asia Market. The candidate will also lead the advanced modelling projects with the medical insurance data.
Note: The title of the position will be Data Analyst (if the candidate is not writing Actuarial exams) or Actuarial Analyst (if the candidate is writing Actuarial exams)
- Co-ordinate with Technical Account (TA) team to get data from the client and clean the data.
- Onboard the data received from the TA into the Medical Database and Reporting System including creating logic for actuarial calculations, output validations and report generation.
- Generate insights based on key themes and identify emerging themes based on the database reports to recommend corrective measures if required.
- Share the business implications from the reports with internal stakeholders and clients in a concise, accurate and presentable way.
- Support the Actuarial\Operations team in regular experience analysis using advanced modelling techniques such as Generalized Linear Modelling, Fraud Modelling etc.
Qualifications & Requirements For The Role Of Data Analyst
- Candidate a Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or equivalent degree from recognized university.
- 0 to 2 years of working experience in the field of data analytics, insurance, reinsurance or consulting.
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in MS Excel, MS Access, SAS, SQL, R or other statistical / actuarial software to support advanced modelling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of current medical insurance products and market will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently, accurately and deliver to deadlines, and consult to internal stakeholders and external clients.