About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the role:
You will be a part of the Division Australia & New Zealand (ANZ) P&C Reserving team in Bangalore and will have ample opportunity to apply your technical actuarial, modelling and data analytics skills across a variety of activities outlined below. You will work in collaboration with Reserving actuaries based in Sydney and Globally. You will liaise regularly with other functions and departments such as Underwriting, Client Management, Claims, Technical Accounting, Finance and Risk Management.
The job responsibilities include the following:
- Quarterly reserves analysis for Division ANZ P&C business
- Reporting of quarterly results to senior management and the Reserve Committee
- Yearly estimation of payment patterns for Economic Value Management
- Preparation of materials in respect of local statutory reporting requirements including but not limited to actuarial liability valuations (AVR), financial condition reports (FCR) and capital adequacy assessments for Swiss Re Australia P&C branches
- Support various ongoing and ad-hoc initiatives such as improvements to existing tools and processes, portfolio costing deep dives and pricing feedback, financial/reporting system and IFRS 17 implementation, and other analytics projects
About the Team:
The ANZ Reserving team is part of the Bangalore P&C Reserving Hub and falls under the Global Actuarial P&C Re function.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physics or equivalent field
- 0-2 years of experience in the P&C actuarial domain
- Sound mathematical and actuarial background, actively working towards the attainment of an actuarial qualification
- Ability to work accurately and deliver to deadlines
- Strong data organization and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong learning motive
- Knowledge of R, Python or SAS an advantage