Position objectives and position summary (short and precise definition of most important activities)
Support the L&H Business Management team in conducting regular valuation/Business on-boarding and system testing projects
Main tasks/activities/responsibilities (in brief statements describe the main accountabilities of the job and specify responsibilities)
- Assist on regular reserve calculations as a part of Business on-boarding process.
- Accurately complete already defined modelling processes including implementation of modelling assumptions, performing model runs, validations of results and its delivery to the reporting actuaries/line owners.
- Perform required calculations and analysis on EVM, STAT/GAAP and other such requirements.
- Perform required validations, analysis to ensure accuracy of the numbers produced as well as keep audit trails of all major validations/checks done.
- Address questions from Reporting Actuaries and perform further analysis/validations as required on results delivered.
- Apply technical knowledge and process skills to solve problems and develop solutions, i.e. investigating data/modelling issues, reconcile different reports/numbers.
- Question existing processes and suggest improvements
- Interaction with auditors as/when required
- Assist on ‘special projects’ carried out to meet specific objectives as/when required
About You (education, linguistic ability, professional experience, leadership qualities, soft skills)
- 0-3 years of experience in actuarial
- Progress towards actuarial examinations(minimum 2-3 actuarial papers)
- Graduate or Post graduate in Actuarial Science/Mathematics/Statistics
- Ability to work accurately and deliver on a timely manner
- Must be able to interpret business specs and ask clarifying questions
- Strong data organization and analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong learning motive
- Proficiency in working with Spreadsheet and Database packages
- Exposure to Swiss Re valuation tools would be an additional advantage (MoSes)