About the job
The Red Hat Global Bid Desk (GBD) Business Finance team is looking for an intern to join us in Pune, India. In this role, you will assist teams in creating reporting solutions and dashboards. This will provide you with the opportunity to sharpen your quantitative analysis skills and to develop well-rounded business insight through working with business projects.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Assist teams in creating reporting solutions on topline sales data for Red Hat
- Work on projects that help understand sales forecasts and sales pipeline data
- Effectively collaborate with other business support teams like operations, marketing, and global finance on deliverables as needed
- Engage with the internal team and understand requirements, priorities, and needs of teams before creating solutions
- Prepare and deliver visualizations and reports that translate analytic insights into tangible, actionable solutions for business partners to implement
- Help us with the automation of existing reports and business review decks
- Develop an understanding of Red Hat’s workflows and policies
- Partner with global and local stakeholders and teams on deliverables and special projects
- Continuously look for ways to improve productivity or the level of services provided to the business
- Currently undergoing academic education in finance, engineering, accounting, economics, business, or statistics
- Excellent communication, presentation, and relationship management skills
- Passion for learning and good technical acumen
The Following Are Considered a Plus
- Experience or knowledge of open source tools and software
- Experience working on projects which involve large datasets
- Basic understanding of Salesforce.com (SFDC) and reporting in Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Passionate about choice in technology, open source, and Red Hat
- Able to understand and use new technologies quickly
- Positive approach towards continuous learning and development
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and formulas, SQL, and Python is a plus
- Ability to work both on your own and collaboratively
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.