Our Business Analyst will gather, organize, and assess data from various resources in order to find useful information. Other tasks include using current economic or market conditions to project future trends and sometimes being involved in the research and development stage of a project.
- Must be proficient with Data Definition Language or Data Manipulation Language SQL commands.
- Proficiency with computer systems, data management concepts, and database structures
- Detail-oriented, mathematically inclined
- Possess the ability to work independently
- Responsible for improving data quality
- Presenting conclusions gained from analyzing data using statistical tools like Microsoft Excel, Localytics and other app analytics tools
- Presenting data in charts, graphs, tables, designing and developing relational databases for collecting data
- Importing, cleaning, validating or modelling data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes.
Background in technology, information management, relational database design and development, business intelligence, data mining or statistics is a plus. Strong writing skills are also a plus, Familiarity with a particular market or industry is also valuable.
- Work closely with heads of business team to keep them appraised of various business metrics
- Extract data & present insights in meaningful ways using SQL
- Monitor key business metrics on daily basis and ensure the metrics are updated before key meetings.
- Analyse data and work with business teams to understand the qualitative impact
- Work closely with data team to understand data structure
- Work with product managers to implement insights that are gathered as part of business improvements
- Understand the performance of various teams – basis several key parameters on a day to day basis
Ideal Candidate is one who
- Is an expert in SQL database queries.
- Should be proficient in excel
- Strong Analytical, Problem Solving & Communication skills
- Should have strong business acumen to understand the key business KPI
- Able to crisply identify insights from large amount of data points
- Able to create dashboards that can help provide better clarity Good to have (not mandatory)
- Worked in startups & ideally with founding team
- Has experience working in high growth B2C startup