What You Will Do
- This hands-on analytics role will be responsible for supervising Uber’s Risk platform capabilities and developing new strategies to keep the fraudsters off Uber by identifying patterns using data analysis and visualization
- You will serve as the subject matter authority on analytics/data-driven solutions that mitigate the risk of financial losses while also maintaining a positive user experience and enabling Uber to continue making big bold bets.
- You will develop a solid understanding of key Uber systems and tools to optimally review and analyze emerging trends and provide recommendations for mitigating emerging fraud vectors.
- Communicate optimally with cross-functional teams across subject areas such as product, engineering, data science with a focus on Risk/Fraud mitigation.
What You Will Need
- Experience with data analytics/data science
- 0-3 Years experience
- Coursework or projects in data science and analytics
- BS or degree in other quantitative field preferred || Relevant BS in quantitative fields like Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics, and/or Economics
Experience in SQL and Query optimization techniques and programming using R, and/or Python
- 1+ years experience
- Coursework or portfolio of projects where coding was used (heavy preference for SQL, R, and/or Python) would be a successful candidate for this kind of role
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery customers, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.