About the job
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About The Role
We are looking for a results-oriented and robust teammate to strengthen the Line of Business (LOB) Controlling team for Property & Casualty Business within Performance Management Hub (PMH) in Bangalore. As an Associate Financial Analyst, you will:
- gain an in-depth understanding of the performance measures and the technical aspects of risk selection of a (re)insurance company.
- use your strong analytical, data processing and interpersonal skills to provide opinions and valuable input while helping to make sure data is comprehensive, complete and well understood
- analyse the performance of the P&C portfolios and regularly work on quickly emerging ad-hoc tasks
- quickly familiarising yourself with new and changing concepts, so that the analysis provided always reflects the latest requirements of the company
- provide, and ensure the accuracy of data and analysis needed to support Product Heads’ presentation requirements for board meetings, external events, internal meetings and similar
- work in close collaboration with colleagues in Finance and Underwriting on topics related to Renewal data, EVM (Economic Value Management) and US GAAP
- communicate results in a way that is easily understood by people not dealing on an every-day basis with data/reports
- have opportunities to work with senior management
About The Team
Within Reinsurance Finance, our team is responsible for financial analysis and planning for the P&C Reinsurance business worldwide with a focus on Economic Valuations and US GAAP.
From our data and our network in the company we seek to provide senior management with key insights into business performance, guiding them to make accurate and impactful decisions.
We also act as a CFO function for the P&C Products & Business Management Heads.
Finally, we work closely with the Underwriting and Actuarial teams across the world to ensure quality of the financial information & insights from our data analysis.
- Overall, 0-4 years of working experience in P&C (re-)insurance analytics, controlling or similar function
- You have successfully completed university degree, preferably in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Natural Science, Finance or equivalent
- Good progress on actuarial exams would be a plus
- Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance
- Able to focus and pay attention to detail without losing track of the bigger picture.
- You are an excellent communicator, with outstanding organizational skills and the ability to sustain high level of work output and meet tight deadlines
- You demonstrate the ability and passion to work in a global and multicultural environment.
- Mature & self-confident; Able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
Reference Code: 105383