About the job
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Technical Operations includes the maintenance, and overhaul of our aircraft. This includes aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities teams, supply chain teams and more.
Job Overview And Responsibilities
United’s Maintenance & Engineering operation collects mountains of data, including maintenance plans, log pages, task sign-offs, schedule reliability performance, aircraft routing, part availability, and more. The Tech Ops Business Intelligence team will be tasked to deliver the right information to the right people in the right format at the right time, all with the goal of enabling better operational decisions that improve United’s flight completion rate, on-time performance, productivity, and cost. This includes both performance trends looking backward, real-time operational status, and expectations looking forward. The team has five core responsibilities: Data design and validation, Data analysis, KPI design, dashboard creation, and automation.
- Monitor metrics that indicate operational health and inform operational decisions
- Support with building high-quality operational dashboards and reports for Tech Ops leadership, front-line management, and individual business teams throughout the organization
- Curate tables and views that serve as the “single source of truth” for United’s Tech Ops data
- Continuously interface with business groups throughout Tech Ops to understand organizational needs and design solutions
- Assist with the automation of existing manual reports and processes to improve operational throughput
- Document the Tech Ops data landscape, maintain an inventory of reports, and plan for report consolidation, elimination, and/or improvement
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field like Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 0-2 years of experience in analytics
- Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information
- Superior attention to accuracy and detail
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Must be legally authorized to work in India for any employer without sponsorship
- Must be fluent in English and Hindi (written and spoken)
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Airline experience or knowledge of airline operations
- Familiarity with relational database structures
- Proven comfort working with very large data sets
- Experience in querying relational databases using SQL (Teradata, Microsoft, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Data visualization skills using one or more reporting tools (i.e. Spotfire, Tableau, ggplot2, etc.)
- Exposure to statistical and analytical methods