Job overview and responsibilities
The Flight Operations Performance & Analytics team is responsible for reporting, analytics and ad-hoc analysis on various operational factors. Goal is to ensure reliability and efficiency within United’s pilot operation. Areas of focus are delays and cancellations, reserve staffing, training scheduling, irregular operations among others.
The team will provide improved reporting and analysis capabilities allowing for increased visibility into operational issues and improved resource allocation to correct them. The team will help to reduce costs stemming from delays and cancellations, subotimal reserve staffing, unbalanced flying levels, inefficient trip builds and assist with long term staffing and training event planning. The team will support data reporting, new tool development, KPI design, dashboard creation and automation to leaders within Flight Operations.
The Associate Analyst owns the maintenance of reports and dashboards. Gathers and organizes data and creates and modifies daily, weekly, and monthly reports as needed. She/he assists in ad-hoc decision support and scenario analyses.
- Support FOPS leadership with analytics and reporting on day-to-day as well as monthly functions; perform ad-hoc data mining and analysis
- Automate existing manual reports and processes to improve throughput
- Analyze/review performance data to ensure experiments, new tools, or processes are aligned with objectives and are delivering the most business value
- Build high-quality decks, dashboards, tools and reports for FOPS leadership, eTeam, front-line management, and individual business teams throughout the organization
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- Bachelor’s degree in Ops Research, Computer Science, Statistics, Logistics/Transportation, Industrial Engineering, Engineering, or another quantitative field (i.e. mathematics, statistics, economics, etc.)
- 0 – 1 year experience in business intelligence, analytics, and/or data engineering
- Deep understanding of data structures and relationships
- Excel proficiency and data analysis/modelling proficiency
- Proficiency writing queries and procedures using both traditional and modern technologies/languages (i.e. SQL, Python, etc.)
- Data visualization skills using one or more reporting tools (i.e. Spotfire, Tableau, etc.) to produce meaningful dashboards
- Ability to study/understand business needs, then design a data/technology solutions that connect business processes with quantifiable outcomes
- Must be legally authorized to work in India for any employer without sponsorship
- Must be fluent in English and Hindi (written and spoken)
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Airline experience or knowledge of airline operations
- Knowledge of airline business, airline operations, and ideally pilot flight operations
- Adaptability to changing business environment
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Exposure to statistical and analytical methods preferred
- Passion for the airline industry and its complexity and challenges
- Supportive team-player motivated to make a difference