Role Summary/Purpose: As an Intern in Analytics you will have the opportunity to work on major business initiatives within Analytics process that contribute to Synchrony’s growth and productivity objectives. This role enables you to work directly with the business in catering to the end-to-end analytical needs. You will have the opportunity to work with cross-functional teams and leverage state of the art tools (viz., SAS, Model builder suite of products, R, Python, Tableau etc.,) and expected to manage communication rhythm with stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Develop and support best-in-class analytic solutions/algorithms/executive dashboards within analytics organization
- Leverage various statistical/mathematical/quantitative modeling techniques, as required, to solve complex business problems and come up innovative solutions
- Learn to navigate different data sources from converting raw data into meaningful and actionable insights to gathering qualitative information
- Use internal and additional incremental data from bureaus to create models that depict trends in the customer base and the consumer population as a whole
- Identify the key opportunities to streamline and automate the processes to bring the efficiency and effectiveness to the process
- Collaborate with various teams within the organization to deliver the projects smoothly
- Communicate analysis findings and recommendations to colleagues, stakeholders, and leadership in a clear, concise, and influential manner
- Support tracking and reporting of various strategies, models including preliminary analysis of the performance of the different strategies and also support ad hoc analysis requests from the business
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- B.Tech , M.Sc (Statistics/Maths/Economics) 2020 or 2021 passed outs.
- Graduation score more than 70% or equivalent GPA.
- Strong problem solving & communication skills.
- Strong understanding of programming concepts.
- Worked on any academic or industrial analytics use cases using Python/SAS/SQL/R etc.
- Participated in coding or data science competitions