About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About The Role
This position is an exciting opportunity to be part of our Actuarial Tools and Analytics function located in Bangalore. Do you want to enrich your experience with reinsurance business, underwriting and tool development know-how? If the answer is yes, read on!
The role is within the Reinsurance Business Unit in the P&C Centre Cluster which is part of the P&C Tools & Systems. The team is responsible for designing and maintaining the P&C costing and pricing tools. We are constantly evolving and developing the underwriting platforms.
- Develop Actuarial costing tools based on statistical/probabilistic concepts.
- Develop knowledge of processes and systems across all front and back-end functions, including intersections with other functional units and external vendors and partners;
- Product ownership and support development of pricing tools and migrate legacy costing tools to Azure cloud-based solutions.
- Your focus is on expanding your domain knowledge and continuously improving yourself and others around you by constantly challenging the status-quo.
- You are self-starter, enjoy exciting problems and collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and clients, you are not afraid to share your views and ideas while keeping open to different opinions.
About The Team
We are part of distributed P&C Tools and Systems team operating in Zurich, Munich, London, Chicago (Schaumburg) and Bangalore. The key objective of our distributed team is to build and own the global underwriting tools to write the property, casualty, Cyber and Special Lines business. In addition, the team takes more and more care of the e2e underwriting value chain. We define and execute the strategy for a gradual transformation of the landscape for the underwriting of the future focusing on digitization, automation, transformation and data.
- Development and productive maintenance of major costing/pricing tools and analytical tool following reinsurance business needs and requirements.
- Building the future tool landscape considering the full end-to-end underwriting process.
- Ensuring operations are implemented according to internal guidelines and standard methodologies.
- Providing tool support, knowledge, documentation and trainings.
- Supporting development and reviewing local and End Using Applications.
- University degree in Science (Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Engineering, etc.) with solid numerical, mathematical, statistical or similar background.
- 0-3 year of experience with programming language like Java, R, C++, C# or similar.
- Experience with one or more of the following data storage technologies: Relational or NOSQL technology.
- Preferably domain experience in property and casualty reinsurance.
- You can focus on multiple initiatives at once and solve problems quickly.
- Demonstrate a creative demeanor with a strong interest in new technologies. You are hands-on and enjoy resolving problems.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies, including: Azure, AWS an advantage
- Interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrating a concise and eloquent standard of written and verbal communication in complex environments
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. Our aim is to live visible and invisible diversity – diversity of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical abilities, personalities and experiences – at all levels and in all functions and regions. We also collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where to carry out your task.