What Analyst Data Analytics contributes to Cardinal Health
Analyst Data Analytics is responsible for understanding, preparing, processing and analyzing data to make the data valuable and useful for operational and/or decision making purposes. Data Analytics may need to team with either Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics and Data Governance positions to create highly useful information.
- Uses knowledge of business objectives, strategies, and needs to identify opportunities where data can be leveraged to achieve the desired business benefits.
- Has an understanding of current data context, processes and availability, and how current data processes and existing data can be leveraged to achieve the desired benefits.
- Prepares and analyzes data. This can include: locating, profiling, cleansing, extracting, mapping, importing, transforming, validating or modeling.
- Applies query, data exploration and transformation, basic statistical methods and visualization techniques to create business insights or improve data quality.
- Performs validation and testing to confirm the accuracy of the information created.
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues, and develops recommendations to support business objectives.
- Communicates complex information so that it is easy to understand and influences other to take action based on the useful information provided.
- Implements and maintains decision support or master data management solutions.
- Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform routine tasks
- Works on projects of limited scope and complexity
- Follows established procedures to resolve readily identifiable technical problems
- Works under direct supervision and receives detailed instructions
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments