Global Actuarial Modeling team is responsible for delivering actuarial modeling solutions in accordance to enterprise & regional objectives by building robust, scalable actuarial solutions and to further increase the coverage for the use of Prophet within the organization, whilst enforcing MetLife’s Global Actuarial Modeling Prophet standards and MetLife’s Actuarial Practices.
This role will involve:
- Collaborating with Regional Actuarial Teams, Local Actuarial Teams and IT to develop Prophet models and define input data requirements to support country specific IFRS 17 reporting requirements.
- Working within Global Actuarial Modeling team to develop and deliver IFRS 17 actuarial models for internal regional MetLife customers.
- Develop IFRS 17 Prophet models to satisfy calculation requirements.
- Build Prophet models in line with MetLife’s Global Actuarial Modeling Prophet coding standards.
- Perform testing activities to provide quality assurance to the customer.
- Support production activities to deliver interim IFRS 17 results to satisfy various reporting exercises and various financial impact assessments.
Essential experience, skills and competencies:
- 0-2 years of actuarial experience
- Ability to find solutions within agreed timescales
- Excellent ability to communicate in English, (both written and verbal)
- Good business acumen
Advantageous skills and experience:
- An understanding of actuarial reporting software such as Prophet and a good ability to program in various mainstream languages.
- Knowledge of other modeling platforms, for example MoSes, MG ALFA, etc. or strong programming skills (mainly VB, VBA, C++)
- Awareness of Solvency II, IFRS, Economic Capital and Embedded Value.