Global Actuarial Modeling team is responsible for delivering actuarial modeling solutions in accordance to enterprise & regional objectives by building robust, scalable actuarial solutions and to further increase the coverage for the use of Prophet within the organization, whilst enforcing MetLife’s Global Actuarial Modeling Prophet standards and MetLife’s Actuarial Practices.
This role will involve:
- Collaborating with Regional Actuarial Teams, Local Actuarial Teams and IT to develop Prophet models and define input data requirements to support country specific IFRS 17 reporting requirements.
- Working within Global Actuarial Modeling team to develop and deliver IFRS 17 actuarial models for internal regional MetLife customers.
- Develop IFRS 17 Prophet models to satisfy calculation requirements.
- Build Prophet models in line with MetLife’s Global Actuarial Modeling Prophet coding standards.
- Perform testing activities to provide quality assurance to the customer.
- Support production activities to deliver interim IFRS 17 results to satisfy various reporting exercises and various financial impact assessments.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of Position:
- Error free preparation of financial reports to required timescales and relevant actuarial standards;
- Execution of second-line data validation and completeness checks to required actuarial and audit standards.
- Contributing towards good team morale and positive team engagement and professional development.
- Ensuring excellent communication between Noida-based team and stakeholders based in different geographical locations.
- Taking demonstrable ownership of work; clearly flagging any issues and goal delivery concerns to senor leadership team.[SP1]
Essential experience, skills and competencies:
- 0-2 years of actuarial experience
- Ability to find solutions within agreed timescales
- Excellent ability to communicate in English, (both written and verbal)
- Good business acumen
Advantageous skills and experience:
- An understanding of actuarial reporting software such as Prophet and a good ability to program in various mainstream languages.
- Knowledge of other modeling platforms, for example MoSes, MG ALFA, etc. or strong programming skills (mainly VB, VBA, C++)
- Awareness of Solvency II, IFRS, Economic Capital and Embedded Value.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.We are ranked #44 on the Fortune 500 list for 2019. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.